Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The "Onesie"

I need to give one of my gal-pals a serious shout out. This past weekend, a friend of mine went balls out fashion forward and upped her trend-setting status to queen bee of daring wardrobe selections. Thankfully, she refrained from the socks/sandals trend, however she arrived at a friend’s party on Saturday wearing a black, fitted jumpsuit – affectionately known in our circle as the “onesie.”

I must admit, I was a bit concerned a couple weekends ago when I met her in the park and she spouted off about her new purchase, which was neatly tucked away in her purse in a ball about the size of a nerf football. I wondered, how on earth will this slab of fabric be turned into an actual outfit worthy of a Saturday night out on the town?

Well, I don’t know why I even questioned it, because this is the same friend who showed up at Newark airport at 4:30am in 4-inch heels. To her, donning a onesie is just a small offering to the fashion gods. All in all, she totally pulled it off, looking absolutely fabulous. I have to give her credit for looking so snazzy because I would have just looked like an overstuffed sausage.

Cheers to you my friend for setting the standard for excellence in a onesie. Now, if you’re seriously considering the zip up denim jumpsuit, I might need to see it modeled in the dressing room prior to purchase.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger K said...

Wow. Big ups for the onsie. Was it accented with a big belt, earrings, and killer stilletos? In my mind, it was...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home