Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Un-Nerved

Have you ever gotten the feeling that your life was in for a very dramatic change? You get that pit in your stomach feeling, woozy nostalgia about how your life currently is and start freaking out about what the hell to do next? Needless to say I’m kind of feeling like I’m in this spot right now.

I can’t go into details because I can’t jinx the situation or dwell on the tiny amount of facts I do know. What I can do is tell myself to calm the eff down and not get ahead of things...hard to do considering I hate being stuck in a state of the uncontrollable unknown.


I'm being incredibly vague I know, however I'm sure I'll have more to say soon. I'll just say this for now: Avenue Elle might be in for some serious road construction…

9 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean....I'm going through something very similar. You see so much on the horizon that you know you can't act on quite yet, and you can't talk about it for fear that it'll throw things in flux.....yup, I feel ya.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

Ooh the suspense!

And yes, I know the feeling. I have been feeling that alternating with plummeting dread that my life will stay the same forever and ever and ever.

Crossing my fingers for good news for you.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger jo said...

well if it's a good change... then that's great!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

I'm with Jo...hopefully it's good butterflies.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I've been there. A feeling like that had a lot to do with my choice to move from NY to DC. Whatever it is, hope it works out for ya.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger The Team said...

I'm sure it will be fabulous!!!! Stop stressing and just go with it...if it was meant to happen it certainly will and you'll be ready. Ahhh the thought of leaving New York is a tough one, but I think where you're going is going to be soooo much more fun for you because it's so new and exciting!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Change can be good....and scary at the same time.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Adelaide Collective said...

Like I told ya tonight...rip off the duct tape quickly and go for it!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger ETP said...

"May you live in interesting times" is a Chinese saying that I first heard about as a curse. Ha, ha, funny, funny.

But it's also known as a blessing. Thus, it must be a taoist thing, as I don't think the Confucists would be up for much change.

[hmm, looking up the phrase on Wikipedia suggests it may not be Chinese at all, but I digress...]

Anyway, change is part of life. If you are not changing, you are not living.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home