Thursday, March 30, 2006

Date!

Sound the alarms! We have a date set up with the Thinker for tomorrow night. Man, I thought I’d never see the day!

The latest was that I called him last weekend and left yet another message. I thought it had totally fizzled out, however I received an email yesterday, which said the following:

"I really enjoyed those early emails and was excited to meet you. But if we can't even make plans for one phone call or date then how could we have time for a real relationship? Anyway, I know I've been all over the place too, but I'd still love to meet you."
Of course, given my newfound zest for slowing life down, I adamantly agreed with him and pushed for a meet up this week. It’s time to just get this over with already!

It’s weird actually. This date will be unlike others since we’ve been “talking,” literally, for weeks. Due to the circumstances, I consider the ice to be broken so the date will either be a rousing success or a massive failure. It will all be based on whether or not there is that proverbial spark, and enough of a spark for Thinker and I to actually want to work around our schedules more regularly.

We shall see how it all turns out…

6 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Single guy blogging said...

Wooo hoo!!! Good luck Elle -- hope he is in person all you expect him to be. :) May the pheromones do their work from here...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Downtown said...

Date = Meeting him at Killington? or are these NYC based plans.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger rina said...

ohhh have fun! i love going on dates. :)

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Downtown...NYC plans. I'm planning to be on the prowl in K'ton ;-)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger pookalu said...

good luck! i'm going to have to figure out who the heck the thinker is, but i totally understand the "rousing success or a massive failure" feeling.

i AM such a sucker for geek!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger jo said...

yeahs! have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home