Saturday, March 25, 2006

iDeath

Today is a difficult day for me. As I was walking out of work last night, happily listening to some shuffled music on my iPod, I advanced to the next song and something happened…my iPod died. I literally stopped in my tracks and stood there staring wondering if what had just happened, really happened.

As people passed me by on that curbside (think: slow motion), I tried to revive my dear iPod, but to no avail. All I got was a tech support web address and a picture of a Mac with a question mark in the monitor. *Tear*

I am literally paralyzed today. I certainly can’t go to the gym without iPod. I can’t traverse the city. I can’t even listen to happy tunes in the comfort of my own home. What’s a girl to do?

Of course, I have a date with either Best Buy or the Apple store Genius Bar, however the last couple of genius bar visits were not so fruitful. I felt like I was waiting at the eye doctor. You know, the lone doctor in your rolodex that makes you wait upwards of an hour just to have a machine tell you how blind you are. It’s infuriating.

Anyway, I’ll be in mourning today until I know that iPod can come back to life. The thought of bringing an actual CD to the gym, so I have something to run to, is just too much to take right now. I guess until it’s fixed the soundtrack of my life will just inherently be more quiet…sigh!

7 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Actorserf said...

Yeah...I've had to contemplate life without iPod a couple times and it's not pretty. Have you done the stuff the website suggests (download updater, restore the iPod's software, etc)? That's probably the first thing they'd try at any Customer Service area anyways.

You're not going to like this part, though: chances are all your files on there will be erased, so there's a lot of re-uploading in your future.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger James said...

My sincerest condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss.

When's the funeral?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

my iPod has died...twice(?)...on me. both times there were fatal errors, and both times i had to return it to apple. so sad. i feel your pain.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm sending it in to Apple this week for a full post-mortem. I'll know in 10-days what the deal is and if it has any chance for survival...at least I still have a factory warranty...

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

the same thing happened to my iPod a few months ago. that factory warranty is key, you get a brand new one in a matter of days!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

I've had my 'pod for about two years now, and it's starting to wind down a bit. Is there some kind of iPod epidemic going on? Polly's died, yours died, and mine looks like it may be next. I swear, these things have the lifespans of hampsters.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

My iPod died:( It got the exclamation point screen of death. I'm heartbroken and it happened in it's 13 month-outside of the factory warranty.

I don't know what to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home