Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Perfect First Date

Since our first meeting at my gal-pal’s birthday soiree, Mr. ESPN and I have been chatting back and forth pretty much every day since. Nothing too labor intensive of course, just enough to know that there was to be a date in our future (although his use of exclamation points is truly quite thought provoking).

Last night was the date. In a nutshell, it was one of those dates that followed the flow chart of how a first date should go. Not that this is an ideal by any means, just that it was fun, simple and will (hopefully) be leading to a second date.

I met Mr. ESPN at the 79th Street Boat Basin, a place that is by nature, fun and casual - and has a great view of the Hudson River. The conversation began and pretty much never ended. We had a few beers, sat at a table and ordered sandwiches. We flirted and kinda, sorta played footsie under the table throughout dinner (I almost shudder to actually write that out).

After he paid for our meal (yes, I offered), we decided to walk up Riverside Park on the water since we both live further uptown. We strolled, chatted some more and took our time since the night was near perfect.

NOTE: I’m trying my best not to get too sappy here. It’s not my style at all, but like I said…it followed the flow chart.

The night ended by Mr. ESPN walking me home. We stopped at my stoop and said our good nights and thank you’s. We smooched in front of my crazy foreign neighbors for a bit until we could tell they we’re totally staring. He said he had a good time and I told him to give me a call later in the week. Off he went and I went into my apartment feeling like a giddy 17-year-old.

I don’t think I’ve been on a date that went that well in over a year. The German outright sucked at dating, and every other guy I’ve been out with in recent memory had odd quirks or just had ‘something’ about them that wasn’t quite right. Mr. ESPN knocked it out of the park and I hope there is a date #2...because I just can’t get those cute dimples out of my mind.

7 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger pookalu said...

um, footsie?

FOOTSIE?

you should shudder if you actually wrote that.

:D

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I know...I know...

It's soooo juvenile!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sounds very romantic! good luck with it!!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger A Novelist said...

I love the Boat Basin Cafe. I'm glad things went well. Good luck! :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Way to go! I'm so happy for you!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger K said...

Yay! Sounds fun.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Aww! I think you're justied for feeling "like a giddy 17 year old"! We all dream about having those dates. My fingers are crossed for a second date as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home