Friday, August 04, 2006

My Pimpette

Lately, my social circle has expanded exponentially thanks to my dear friend Downtown Chic – a gal who’s social prowess has no limit. In fact I asked her the other day how she knows all of these new faces, and all that came over her was a blank stare as she replied, “I have no idea.” No worries though because we can all benefit from the new personalities, right?

In honor of a 30th birthday soiree we organized for a friend last night at Sapa, Downtown decided to put her new circle to good use by pimping me out to The Producer’s single friends. In a nutshell, she sent The Producer my photo to send around…Not exactly my idea of being subtle, but whatever…in a city where the dating scene is downright brutal, a gal should always appreciate her friends’ efforts to introduce her to new and eligible men.

So, the night began. We all looked fabulous in our summer dresses and heels, drinking cosmojitos like they were going outta style. People strolled in, mingled and said their hellos to the birthday girl. As we were ordering another round, up walks the Producer with a couple of his friends. Downtown’s pimping efforts were looking up, as the Producer’s friend was a tall, dashing guy who works for ESPN. I called dibs immediately.

To sum up the encounter, I totally got my flirt on and he flirted right back. I think I ignored everyone in the room for a good while. Around 10:30 it was finally time to head to another bar and unfortunately Mr. ESPN had go to another party, but he didn’t leave before getting my number and giving me a kiss goodnight. Shortly after he left, he texted me: “Very nice meeting u tonight. I’ll call u to get together soon.”

I think my pimpette has some pay dirt coming her way…

3 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

There is so much love in this room! You were the catalyst for my post today...

Wait, he kissed you goodbye. You didn't tell me that! Rock on...

Maybe we double date if The Producer and I ever decide to be more than bed pals.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Damn girl! Sounds like a fabulous evening.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Go you! AWesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home