Friday, March 03, 2006

Ah Friday…

...how do I love thee. Let me count the ways…

This weekend Snob and I are getting out of the city heading north of the tri-state area to a lovely little state called Vermont. I’ve got my bags all packed with snow bunny attire and fashion magazines; red wine and a bikini (read: hot tubs!). It will be a weekend of relaxing by the fire and scoping out the mannish options on the mountain, which I’m hoping will be good old-fashioned, tall, meat-n-potato, hot skier types.

Clearly one would assume you’d have to be a decent skier to snag the aforementioned hot skier type. Well, I definitely wouldn’t call myself a marvelous skier, since my experience is limited to a couple of trips to Colorado and playing on what are essentially classified as hills in the upper mid-west. So obviously I will not be skiing moguls or going off-trail to jump cliffs, rather, I will be sticking to the greens and blues while attempting to look like I can hold my own.

There is, of course, the back-up plan of playing damsel in distress in the event I’m unable to avoid careening toward a large tree off to the side of the trail…I’m hoping to avoid this scenario entirely, since being “distressed” doesn’t really sit well with me in general. I’m no damsel.


Anywoo…I hope to come back to the city on Sunday with some first-rate stories that are not directly related to work, my current angst for the city or online dating…I promise!

5 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger James said...

Don't break a leg...

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

If you see a bear...run the other way...ok I got nothin'. Have fun.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

OH fun! I'm totally jealous, I love skiing AND Vermont. Hope you're having a good time.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Have a good time. I love VT.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger charming, but single said...

Yeah, you are braver than I am. I can count my interactions with snow on one hand. And skis? Hardly.

I'd have to stay bundled up in the lodge with trashy reading and vodka!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home