Sunday, February 26, 2006

Back To Normal

I’ve just spent the entire weekend (minus Friday night between the hours of 7pm and 12am) being very hermit-like – meaning: sitting in my apartment, drinking coffee/tea and watching movies. I’ve left twice, only to go to the gym.

I am finally done with my big new business project and am anxious to getting back to a normal existence, since the fatigue and foul mood has seriously been effing with my psyche for the last couple of weeks. OK…I’m done feeling sorry for myself. Moving on…

Over this weekend I’ve decided to instate a process for myself that all of us heel-wearing women have attempted once or thrice in our day and age: “Operation Hotness.” When a period of time ends where eating take-out, sitting on one’s ass, working too much and forgoing the gym have taken a noticeable toll on the ability to fit comfortably into a favorite pair of jeans – it is time to head off to Hotness boot camp and get back into the game. Enter gym routine, lots of steamed vegetables and Weight Watchers. You know it ladies, and we’re all hoping WW will turn up in the office repertoire of extra-curricular activities so we don’t have to hike that four blocks to an actual meeting.

In addition to Operation Hotness, I joined MySpace.com at the beckoning of a friend. It’s like Friendster only apparently for all the cool kids. My take…Friendster is for those of us East of the Mississippi and MySpace rules in the West, although MySpace is slowly taking over the world. I haven’t formed a formal opinion yet, but I will say that those smarty pants techies over at MySpace need to pull their heads out of their HTML-focused asses because I have no patience for learning to speak in “code.” Also, I recently read an article in Vanity Fair about how MySpace is an in-your-face site for hooking up. So technically, my view is skewed…

All in all, being a hermit for the weekend was fantastic. I feel refreshed and like my normal optimistic self again. After I finish my coffee and reading Vogue I’m venturing out…

6 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger NotMiranda said...

Love Operation Hotness! I'm all over that. As for MySpace...I'm still taking a pass.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger erin said...

I need some Operation Hotness implemented right away....

I just joined MySpace about a week ago and am still getting used to it. Although I have managed to find quite a few MIA ex-friends whose photos made me laugh and laugh.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger James said...

What's so hot about being thin, anyway?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Clarification. I never said "thin." I said hot and there is a difference.

Snob sums up my sentiments on the topic quite nicely in fact. For those that missed it...

http://snobinthecity.blogspot.com/2006/01/kind-of-reminds-me-of-michael-jackson.html

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger James said...

Thinner, then :-p

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger ACG said...

ok... until last Monday, I would have said stay away from myspace...
i do have a profile on there and usually get a slew of badly written "love letters" for 16-18 year olds who fancy themselves the "gangsta" type...
BUT
while deleting email after email the other week I had one from an attractive man my age in my area. We had one of the most fantastic 1st dates and tonight is our second. And he's called me every night since that 1st date, including that night. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home