Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All Because of Lube...

Just a small note to convey my utter angst for the next piece of new business I’m working on. It’s not a beast like the last one, however the topic of conversation has been – how shall we say – overly stimulating…

To paint a picture for you…I just left a meeting where the conference table was covered with every brand of lube/massage oil under the sun. We were encouraged to check out the offerings on the table in order to “inspire the creative process” for generating program ideas for one of the brands.

To cut to the chase, I wasn’t inspired at all. All that was accomplished was calling out to my inner self that it would be just stellar to be able to use said products with an actual person one of these days (as opposed to the usual suspects currently residing in my bed-side table).

Clearly I have no prospects right now, which poses a problem. Of course I could go out and snag myself a one-night stand, however I think I’ve already surpassed the threshold of mental self-acceptance for such deeds. Ok, ok – so there’ve been a couple in the last few years, but I consider them to be resulting from momentary lapses of reason and completely justified ;-)

So I’m going to go on, sit here in my office, work, and pretend to not think about all the things bottles and bottle of lube conjure up. Coupled with talk of intimacy, relationships, touching, massage…AHHHHHHHH! Honestly now, how is anyone supposed to concentrate on developing a strategic marketing platform in such an environment?!

Must channel into social life, must channel into social life…

8 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger The Team said...

You know shit's bad when you toss your "bedside entertainment" because the motor goes kaput.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger James said...

Poor lonely muffin. Have you ever tried speed dating?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger ACG said...

did they have elbow grease?
that stuff's the bomb!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger AWE said...

You win. Your job is more interesting than mine.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for confirming that my job sucks! at least you get to see excitement!!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Ah.....even people like me in a relationship need to channel a social life as of lately.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Wow....that's some meeting. Bust on what it reminds though:(

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger NotMiranda said...

Hmmm...unfortunately any creative ideas I had wouldn't be g-rated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home