Friday, February 17, 2006

Still on Empty...

Sometimes I wonder if I have depressive tendencies. I can recall looking back at being 16 or so and being classified as “highly emotional” by my mother, however I’d like to think I’ve got it under control these days, relatively speaking of course.

Only after an extended period of time with minimal amounts of sleep, no time to go to the gym, being sick from having an overly active social life, having “girl moments” (slash) “tiffs” with a couple friends, and being worked into the ground by corporate America - am I left with no sense of fun and am absolutely desperate for some normalcy.

Ok…so I may be being overly dramatic because I certainly have no need to punch back any pills, however it’s just bewildering that so many things can be such downers all at the same time. This city can breed depression…

  • Sleep has become secondary - whether it be because the guy across the alley way is practicing his yodeling at an ungodly volume or because we’re always at dinner, drinks or dancing (aka: going broke).
  • We are trained to be work-a-holics. Hell freezes over if we leave the office before 6pm and guilt settles in if we “sneak out” on time.
  • Women naturally feel like crap when we can’t take care of our bodies. A larger than average tushie does not equate to self-confidence.
  • As for girlfriends and a social life…sometimes too much or too little of a good thing weighs us down. It’s a rarity when the stars are aligned, especially when everyone in a group is being beaten into the ground by all of the above.

So, yes, I feel like crap right now and my sanity is still being searched for. Despite my somber spirits, I’m looking forward to tomorrow afternoon when I’m hoping to carve out time to go buy some new shoes. After all, there is nothing like a new pair of heels to make a woman feel like herself again.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

I know too many women that have fights with their friends.

Why is this just a woman thing?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I wish I knew...I hate drama that stems from virtually nothing...

Perhaps we're all just too damn emotional...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home