Wednesday, August 23, 2006

October is the new June

Last week I said to a friend that only a handful of my girlfriends are married...and that was a statement that included high school, college, post-college AND family. Well, I spoke too soon because this past weekend included a flood of wedding news...

To recap the results of me not knocking on wood following my statement: I attended my cousin’s bridal shower, simultaneously received word that a friend had just gotten engaged, was told that another friend would be co-habitating with her boyfriend come this fall and then arrived home to a wedding invitation. To boot, I have already been invited to three weddings this year and all of them are this October.

Are fall weddings the new trend on the block, or is global warming just making June too damn hot?

Of course, I can’t contribute anything of true value to this topic because I’m so far off from an actual marriage that my mother has assumed my spinster-hood until otherwise informed.

This is just a simple observation...and a warning to all others who’s friends are “nesting.” In short, anticipate a severe influx of booked October weekends.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

getting married while it's hot sounds miserable to me. I've already chosen November. Not THIS November, though.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Mummerina said...

I already know of a few weddings I have next April (which is fall in Aust) and I too thought it was a bit strange. I always thought spring/summer would be the ideal times for wedding... but like you - who am I to give advice on marriage. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home