Friday, August 25, 2006

A Chemistry Test

Last night was my first date with The Frenchie. We went to a tiny hole in the wall Spanish tapas place – Bar Jamón - that I will absolutely be returning to. We had wine, munched on some small plates and chatted while sitting on tall stools lined up behind long mahogany tables. It’s to no surprise that this little treasure of a restaurant is another Mario Batali brainchild, as it reminded me of a smaller, more intimate version of one of my New York favorites – Otto.

You’d think this atmosphere combined with the fact that I was sitting across from a very passionate Frenchman would lead to a hot and sexy first date. Quite the contrary. You see…I wasn’t really attracted to him. I don’t know if I am compensating for the fact that my ex is another passionate European man, or if we truly just didn’t have that je ne sais quoix with one another.

I have an admission to make. I’m sorta quick to judge when it comes to men and it’s not about their looks or how much money they make. In fact, the one thing that I subliminally seek is chemistry. It’s either there or it isn’t.

In the case with the Frenchie, he clearly was into me, proven by his constant eye contact, occasional and intentional touches to my arm, and solidified by him grasping my waist as we left the restaurant. Through all of this, all I could think was, “Hmm, I wonder what time it is.” Knowing myself, that is not a good sign.

I might give The Frenchie another chance, but I’m not one to string guys along just to have a date. I hate feeling guilty for leading people on, and a second date implies that he’ll be expecting more, which I know I’m not so into at the outset. SIGH.

On the upside…tonight is my third date with Mr. ESPN and I’m really excited. Following my date last night, he called just to say ‘hi’ and chat about our plans for tonight...

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

You know what they say about thrid dates... Better shave your legs.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Check!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home