Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What happens in Vegas...

...gets posted on a blog. So, I’ve kicked the shakes and blurred vision, and I believe I’ve regained the ability to type coherently so I’ll divulge a bit more detail on my fabulous trip to Vegas…

I arrived at the Hard Rock on Friday afternoon after a long cross-country flight, but no matter because my ladies were standing at the entrance with a cocktail as I strolled in, which – of course - is a great way to start a reunion weekend.

Over the course of day one, people in our group arrived one by one, when finally dinnertime rolled around and an outing was in order. It was at this time that I was introduced to some friends of friends that came along with one of my guy friends, better known as Gumby (he kept doing this odd kick thing with his leg), The guy who’s name starts with an M (because I could never get it right), Ibok (too long of a story to tell) and Nameless (because he just was).

Over dinner I sat next to M, who was quite the jokester. Funny, sorta cute, but wasn’t really thinking he’d be my conquest for the weekend. After dinner, two of my friends and I strolled over to the Bellagio and grabbed some martinis while getting ogled by a bunch of Brits on holiday for a bachelor party. This of course made for some interesting exploits in the right direction of my mission. The night rolled on and before I knew it, I had been up for over 24 hours and was starting to see spots from my delirium. In order for a throw down the next evening I knew I needed to get some sleep. Enter day two.

Around 9am, we snagged some beach chairs at the pool, which is where I sat with a large bloody mary/pina colada in hand for approximately 6 hours. I had no intention of moving from my spot. To boot, Aviator Man was sitting right next to me, which made for some high quality eye candy and conversation for the brunt of the afternoon. M was also seated nearby, but he hadn’t made it to priority status at that point.

Following the skin cancer session, we ladies headed out for dinner at a place over on the strip, followed by glitzing up and consuming as much Red Bull and vodka as humanly possible. Enter the VIP section at Body English. Four bottles of Grey Goose and a lovely banquette were waiting for our party where we proceeded to lounge and dance the night away.

It is at this point of the trip where my girlfriends and I all decided that M got cuter the longer we knew him. It was true, tall with piercing blue eyes and a nice, strong jaw line...what had I been thinking?! M was now my mission. In a nutshell, the mission turned out to be pretty easy considering half way through the evening, M all out attacked me on the stairs. The stair-scene turned into an all out sucking face session. And yes, I finally did manage to get his name right by the end of the night (unlike some gals I know) ;-)

I woke up the next day with a dull hangover, so you can imagine my delight when I found out Sunday’s at the Hard Rock Pool are called “Rehab.” I was picturing massages and a serene scene, but then I walked in and encountered an event that should have been called “Dehab." Plainly put, it was more drinking, more people making out and a scene that resembled MTV’s “The Grind” in its zenith. I even saw some lewd activity going on in a couple of the poolside cabanas…how spring break like. On one trip to the ladies room, I looked around and realized my weight was likely equal to the amount of silicone in the room…it was about then I realized it was time to say goodbye to “Rehab.”

I left for the airport around 9pm feeling dejected, broke and extremely tired from a long yet, massively fun weekend. All in all, of all my trips to Vegas (count ‘em…1,2,3,4,5,6), this one definitely is up near the top.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger jo said...

apparently what happens in vegas doesn't quite stay in vegas haha!

sounds like you had a really great time :)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

trust me, i'm quite sure she left a few details out. :)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger pookalu said...

hoorah for fulfilling your mission!

i need to go to vegas, i've never been.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

While I'm guessing you didn't divulge all the details of your wild weekend, it sounds like a blast! I need to get myself over to Vegas one of these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home