Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tis the season…

…to be buried by work. So buried that I almost failed to note a big blogger milestone that just recently passed…I’ve been trying to keep up with this thing for one whole year! Amazing how time flies.

In a year’s time, I’ve…

  • Completely gotten over douche bag of foreign-ex boyfriend and fittingly discarded of all attempts from him to contact me
  • Joined and online dating site and discovered pure loathing sensation towards overall concept
  • Became overly annoyed with being a work-a-holic and pondered “getting out” of current profession
    (oddly enough, still in line with this track of thinking)
  • Essentially put life on hold for possibility of moving to London
  • Decided never to put life on hold again for a “maybe”
  • Turned down crap offer to move to London
  • Traveled to many fun places and got into plenty of trouble
  • Dated a handful of lackluster boys
  • Shared lots of random thoughts about random things
  • Joined the “dark side” in the form of new hair color
    (thoughts on this social experiment are coming…just as soon as I can dig myself out of this pile of powerpoint decks)
  • Spent too much money on obviously fabulous shoe purchases
  • Drank too much wine
…amongst other things…

Looking back on this list, while thought provoking, it just doesn’t scream FUN to me. I’ve heard that the even years of one’s life often suck and the odd years are fantastic. Given that I just turned 27 - and I hear 27 is the best-year-ever - I’m fully intent on making damn sure that this year is FUN.

I can’t say for sure what form of fun I’ll be partaking in, but I know I need to throw a few rules to the wind. For example, I might take more cab rides to get home safely after the midnight hour – on "school nights." I might have to drink too much wine and not care. Maybe, just maybe, I might have to have a few careless encounters with overly attractive/underly “good-on-paper” men. I might even go back to being a blonde.

Who knows…but I’m hoping this year will kick some serious ass!

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Sounds like you have a year of great plans ahead!!! Enjoy!!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

I rally need to travel more this year.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger James said...

Happy 'blogging birthday! It's a small world, since I recently did the same thing, too... :-) Best wishes for 2007.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home