Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Best and the Worst of the Holidays

Ok...nothing too groundbreaking to share here, but why does the three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas always have to suck so incredibly bad?!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the holidays. It's truly my favorite time of year for many reasons. It's my birthday. The cheery disposition everyone exudes. It's an excuse to wear fair isle sweaters. You can sip egg nog on an animal skin rug next to a fire with no judgement. Presents. Vacation. Home cooked food.

My problem is the time between the major holidays as it relates to work. Who out there can possibly have any motivation? I don't know about you all, but I just got back from five days away and have exactly three weeks left until I get the rest of the year off. I'm not exactly focused.

(Hence my blogging on company time.)

*SIGH*

Only 14 days, 1 hour, 9 mintues and 27 seconds to go until I fly back to the snowy playground I call home. I can't wait to loaf around for two full weeks with my professional brain in the permanent "off" position.

3 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger Casey Galatos said...

The holidays are certainly approaching and you seem to have more than one reason to be excited about..well it is the season of fun and excitement...a time for meeting up with family and good friends and just having a good time...i just love this time of the year...and hey do take some time to visit my Holiday Blog and share some of the holiday spirit and cheer....and have a great time during the holidays!!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

I could only dream of having 2 wks off over the Holidays...once upon a time I did -when I had a "good" job! Enjoy your time off.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger K said...

I am sooo trying to stay on track for the next few weeks (yeah I'm on blogger...so I'm not doing very well).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home