Friday, November 10, 2006

Email Bombed...Again

Eleven months as I said. Eleven months had passed since I last saw him. Then there was the marathon.

Now...t’s been two and a half days since I last heard from him. Yesserie Bob. After the email break up, the heartache, the healing and the post-card bomb, the ex-boyfriend has re-emerged onto the scene once again.

Apparently, he found out somehow that I saw him (likely through a friend of a friend of a friend), because on Wednesday night I got another email from the German. On the bright side, this time he wasn't breaking up with me - on the contrary...

Hi Elle –

I heard you saw me running in the marathon. I’m in town this weekend for work. Would you like to meet for a coffee or so?

Sxxx
A coffee “or so?!” Can someone out there tell me what “or so” means?

I’ve told a few friends about this invitation, and haven’t received any strong reactions either way on whether or not I should go.

On one hand, what’s the point? What will we talk about? After all, a year has passed and I’m a changed person. I wouldn’t ever date him again, as I’ve said, so how much could we possibly talk about?

On the other hand, I have to admit I am curious. The main reason why we broke up aside from sheer distance was that there was no quality communication. I had many issues with how our relationship was faring and I felt I was always honest about how I felt. Anytime I brought it up, he would shut down. To this day I still don’t know why he broke things off. So yes, I’m curious. What does he have to say NOW that is so important to extend an invitation?

To go or not to go? That is the question…

4 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger Clink said...

Not to go! I would be curious as all hell, but at the same time... what good can come of it? You don't want to undo whatever progress you've made by getting a coffee "or so" with him.

However, going might be worth it for the blog fodder alone.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

That was my initial thought :-)

What a great blog post it will make!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger canadian sadie said...

I think he means 'or something'. Which could mean whatever you're prepared to let it mean.

I stand strongly on the 'don't go' side of the street. But only because *I* would go...and it would be completely and totally messy and horrible and turn out to be a sheer and utter mistake. But that's me. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Make sure you let us know what you decide to do. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home