Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Girl That Cried GYMNASIUM

I am a choosy gal when it comes to guys. I take impressions from the first few meetings to heart…After all, if a guy can’t be himself right off the bat, then what’s the point?

In my own defense to being choosy, I think I give guys a chance. I’ve gone out on dates and had boyfriends. I’ve been one to claim that “I’m not a serial dater,” rather “I only date guys long term if I’m really interested.”

Well, it’s been brought to my attention that “a chance” in relation to dating me is a blip on the radar. My friends have deemed me damn near unapproachable, and my own sister says I have a problem with deal-breakers. Is this a dating intervention?

OK. Ladies, I get it. I get it!

In an effort to reduce my seventh wheel status and be inducted into the newly formed couples club (or get some serious "tension release"), I must relent some of my pickiness and (GULP) give guys more of a chance.

My pal
Downtown now has me on a step-program for meeting eligible bachelors.

Step One: The Girl That Cries Gymnasium!

And what pray-tell does gymnasium mean? Precisely that whenever I’m chatting with a boy (and he collectively rates amongst my friends as a 5 or above on a scale of 1 – 10...I argued for 7, but they wouldn't budge) and a friend cries “GYMNASIUM,” I must immediately reframe my cynical mind and give the guy a fleeting chance.


NOTE: The word gymnasium is arbitrary, of course.

I know my friends only have my best intentions at heart, and are sincere about helping me “overcome” my single gal downfall of being overly choosy. But, but…

OK…no if ands or buts…they’re completely right.

Now it’s just a matter of how many times the girls can cry GYMNASIUM...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home