Tuesday, January 31, 2006

How Not to Blow It

I normally hate reading the New York Post, but this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see that they included a witty article on how guys blow it while out on dates.

Prior to my recent revelation about optimism in singlehood, I was a pretty picky little lass when it came to men. I would nit pick all the way home from a date on why things would never work out (call it being repeatedly burned by loser ex-boyfriends). I finally got over this close-minded perspective, but I still managed to go on a few dates with guys who seriously blew it for being just plain “off.”

I’ll save the details on my own strange stories for another day and time, because the article sums it up fabulously…

Guys: How not to blow it
  1. Avoid the roving eyes. "If you keep blatantly checking out the waitress, I'm going home with the bartender."
  2. Don't reveal too much, too soon. "We're just having dinner, so keep your 'I have a deviated septum on the right side so I snore when I sleep on my left side' and your 'I was in jail three times, but two of them were misunderstandings' stories to yourself - or I'm going home with the bartender."
  3. Be a man already. "Maybe having a gay ex has made me a little paranoid, but if he's got an umbrella in his drink, I'm going home with the bartender."
  4. Ex-skeletons are still skeletons. "If you're talking about your ex a lot, then I'm going to assume that you're not over her, and I'm going home with the bartender."

Full NYP Article: You Blew It!

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger AWE said...

You forgot, don't drink to much or she will find out you are an ass to soon. A buddy of mine did that, but he is an ass, with or without alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home