Saturday, January 28, 2006

I Heart Girls Night...

If I didn’t have Friday night through and Sunday to decompress, I would likely be a mad-woman. Last night was no exception to my love for low-key post work week activity. It was, as we like to call it “girls night in.”

This is a secret ritual that all women who usually travel in packs (and scare off all the eligible bachelors) engage in on a periodic basis to retain their normalness. This covert activity usually entails the following:

  • Take out food from any nearby Thai, Chinese, Indian or Sushi joint that will deliver
  • A mix of single and attached ladies
    This rule is enacted to ensure a balanced perspective on the usual conversation topic of the evening: men.
  • Ample amounts of red wine
All of the above were checked off the list as I arrived at my friend’s house last night. As the night wore on, food was munched on and wine was consumed. As each minute ticked by, our smallish group had covered every topic from husband/boyfriend behavior, crap emails from ex-boyfriends, the stagnant life of being pathetically single, who’s had sex in a bar bathroom (with accompanying stories), girlfriend lameness and, of course, options for Saturday night entertainment.

The discussion wore on and the level of volume (and silliness) increased exponentially. Finally, the night came to and end and we all were decidedly saner than when we walked through the door at 9pm. I like to think of it as extremely effective talk therapy.

Of course, if a guy had been present, he most likely would have run for the door within the first three seconds of witnessing the sheer speed at which we can cover the above topics, but this is why I love my time with my gals.

So now that we are all calm, cool and collected, Saturday night is a night of conquests and gallivanting on the Lower East Side. Time to strap on the uniform: jeans, a cute top and heels…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home