Monday, April 23, 2007

After a break up, hairapy!

I had to do it. It was a hard decision and I feel horribly guilty, but it was a necessary change that was needed in my life…I broke up with my hairstylist and went back to my ex.

D was fabulous for a short time. She had the skills of cut and color. She told great stories about her rock star husband and their strangely-suburban lifestyle in “The Jerz.” She was the purveyor of my dark locks and assisted in the pursuit of the ideal shade of brown.

Despite the long term relationship, I just had to go back. Not only did I go back to the ex-stylist - I went back to blonde.

After about four months of trying brunette on for size, I decided it wasn’t for me. It was a true experiment; however I somehow feel that I lost a piece of myself in the process. The ex (who was always a skilled master in the art of highlighting) helped me find myself again through a lengthy brush and foil hairapy session

I know this is the second beginning of a beautiful relationship.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Elle! As a fellow blonde a think it all lies in the highlights..welcome back and enjoy!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Ellegant said...

Yay! Good for you. I also tried being a brunette about two years back and it only lasted a few months.

Enjoy the blondeness :).

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Starboard Tack said...

I have absolutely no ability to relate to this, what-so-ever... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home