Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Elle @ The Final Four

I am completely rocking my company NCAA brackets right now. I may be a heal-wearing, wine-drinking gal from the city, but man-o-man are my Big Ten sports skills coming in handy now.

In my office, there are a few token males (i.e., not gay, but not datable). It’s about this time of year that they all start foaming at the mouth at the thought of “making their picks.” I usually ignore them and go on my merry way, however this year I was invited to participate in two pools: one for my company and one against my clients.

I’m kicking everyone’s asses.

You see, little old Elle was smart. Although I would have loved to see Wisconsin go all the way, I knew it was a shot in the dark. I put aside all loyalties and went with shear probability, putting Georgetown, UCLA, Florida and Texas in the Final Four. I say Florida wins. I’d say my odds are pretty damn good.

(NOTE: Feel free to insert comments here confirming my prediction)

I won’t deny that I do have a bit of a competitive streak in me, but usually not enough to drive me into a bar on the upper east side to watch a college basketball game. This year, I may have to rethink this notion, as there is something quite pleasing about knowing you have “out picked” all the boys in the room. I’ll have bragging rights for an entire year!

Now all I need to do is find out if there is a prize for winning. If there is, I hope its cash…perhaps then I can go buy that pair of sweet Italian leather peep toes I’ve been eyeing in my favorite downtown shop.

6 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your good fortune - it's fun to play with the boys! I say buy the pumps either way - they sound too cute !

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Single guy blogging said...

Did you see the SNL skit this past weekend, where the girl was kicking ass on the NCAA basketball pool? She was picking based on favorite jerseys, animals, etc. Pretty funny actually.

Good luck!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Downtown said...

Hm.... Did you (by chance) confirm your picks with a well versed resource, like say, ESPN???

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Downtown - I may have done a little homework, but I assure you my picks were clicked by my own hand :-)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Georgetown and Texas were in the same region. You could not have picked them both in the final four. Who was your south region pick?

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Frank - This is exactly why I'm so excited to be winning! I guess I wasn't clear...I picked Florida (midwest), UCLA (West), Georgetown (East), and Texas A&M (South)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home