Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Culture Shock

So…I’m back in the big bad city, trying desperately to retain my mellow state-of-mind that I was able to latch onto while at home. My week in the Midwest was fantastic. I got a tan, hung out with family and friends, got some good workouts in, and – surprisingly – got into a very solid sleep pattern. All in all…fantastic rejuvenation time.

I have to say though, upon my return to the city, I awoke and went to work on Tuesday and actually felt slightly culture shocked. I was sandwiched between a 16-year-old punk and a 65-year-old woman on the subway when it dawned on me that the whole scene was bothersome. I’ve of course acclimated myself back into reality, but it is funny to think that a short 10 days away from New York could pull me so far out of the mindset of living here.

Now that I’m back, my goal is to try and stay grounded for as long as humanly possible and not get all rattled again by the pace of life, frustrations on the job and woes of living in an apartment that is the size of my parents living room. In a nutshell…connect the better halves of myself and keep them connected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home